I. Scholarship Category
This is a full scholarship to sponsor students to study in Guangxi Normal University, P.R. China, for their master's degree (two years) or PhD degree programs (three years).
II. Supporting Programs:
The Scholarship supports both the master’s and the doctoral programs offered by GXNU except English, Japanese and Korean language and culture (see Appendix for detailed introduction).
III. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1. Exempt from tuition, accommodation fees on campus;
2. Monthly living allowances (CNY Yuan per month):
a. CNY 3,500 for doctorial Degree Students.
b. CNY 3,000 for Master’s Degree Students.
3. Comprehensive insurance (CNY Yuan):
800 CNY Yuan per year, 400 CNY Yuan per semester.
IV. Eligibility Criteria
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country over 6 years other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health; not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application
2. Applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
3. Requirements for Chinese: applicants of Chinese Master's Degree should pass the HSK (level 5), applicants of non-Chinese Master's Degree should pass the HSK (level 4), and applicants of doctorial Degree should pass the HSK (level 6).
NOTE: Scholarship recipients without adequate Chinese proficiency can take Chinese language courses for one or two academic years (at most two years, with scholarship). Recipients must take HSK test after courses and reach the language requirements before moving on to major studies. Failure to reach the required language proficiency will lead to the automatic termination of scholarship.
V. Application Documents (in triplicate and in order)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship（in Chinese or English）. Applicants shall log onto the Scholarship website http://laihua.csc.edu.cn, fill in the form and submit it online, prepare 1 printed original and 2 copies of the form. GXNU’s admission code: 10602;
2. Photocopy of passport photo page;
3. Notarized highest diploma: official certification of student status or employment certification. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. (A minimum of 800 words)
5. Applicants planning to stay in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form completed in English (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form designed by the Chinese quarantine authority can be downloaded from http://www.visaforchina.org/BRU_ ZH/upload/Attach/mrbj/273605.pdf. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
6.Recommendation letters: Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors (official letterhead, including professors’ contact information).
VI. Application Deadline
The above-mentioned documents should be submitted before March 20, 2016 to International Students Admissions Office of Guangxi Normal University.
VII. Contact Us
Add: R111, Foreign Language Bldg,
Guangxi Normal University （Yucai Campus）
15Yucai Rd, Guilin, 541004, Guangxi, P.R.China