Foreign Teachers Wanted
Job Title: English Language Teacher / Content Subject Teacher (Through the Medium of English)
Employer: Guangxi Normal University (GXNU)
Location: Guilin, Guangxi, P. R. China
Guangxi Normal University, located in the world-famous culturally historic city of Guilin, has grown into a nationally renowned comprehensive university, featuring a distinctive Education department nationally renowned for studies of literature and well-developed disciplines of the sciences and the arts. Alongside this stands an active, diverse and consistently expanding College of International Culture and Education.
What to Expect from Working Here?
A vibrant international community of staff and students working within a beautiful jewel of southern China to educate students to a high level of English skill. A supportive network of administration and fellow foreign teaching staff able to provide aid in adjusting to life in China, working within an academic atmosphere, and to welcome those already experienced in this environment to a comfortable and rewarding position.
What We Expect from You ?
We are looking for enthusiasm to work both as an independent teacher capable of creativity in lessons and a team player ready to work amongst the community of teachers to provide a consistently high level of education to our students.
International Staff play a key role at Guangxi Normal University (GXNU). GXNU is revolutionary in many ways including hiring from amongst their foreign teachers Directors of International Staff to lead meetings, manage the day to day operations of teachers, liaise between teachers and administration, and provide consistent vocational training. GXNU employs one of the largest communities of international staff in the region to teach students specializing in foreign language learning. Teachers here teach English, Japanese, Korean, western history, culture, geography, literature, business studies, economics, cross cultural communication, and other subjects through the medium of English.Teachers work within modalities, such as English reading and writing, following semester long guidelines and goals for their subjects, supported by accompanying teaching materials, but are encouraged to be creative in their styles of teaching and lesson planning. There is a great deal of creative freedom in how you teach your students. Beyond weekly lessons, you will also be expected to work within your modality to create an exam each semester and grade the exams of the class groups you teach. GXNU teachers are not only involved in teaching but also join in other activities such as language exchange events, complimentary Chinese language classes, cultural seminars, countryside trips, and judging student competitions. The international staff enjoy variety in their careers and contribute to building a culturally rich campus life. There are plenty of opportunities to develop your Chinese language and other transferable skills.
Guangxi Normal University（Yanshan Campus)
International Faculty and Staff , Guangxi Normal University
Location and Transport Networks：
Guilin is connected to the rest of China by a highly advanced rail network, is only 3 hours 20 minutes away from Hong Kong by high speed train, and internationally bound by an airport less than an hour from the campus where teachers reside. The Yucai Campus where you will live is a short fifteen minutes’ drive from the city center, and five minutes from Guilin’s famous mountain scenery—Perfectly situated to enjoy both the urban and rural joys of one of China’s most beautiful tourist destinations.
1.A bachelor's degree or above from a recognized university.
2. At least two years of teaching experience with good communication skills; those who have no two-year English teaching experience, he or shemust possess a 120-hour TESOL/TEFL certificate. He or she should also possess a strong sense of responsibility, be a team player, and should not have bad habitssuch as alcoholism, drug addiction, or selfishness.
3.Native English Speaker(For English language teachers;Working visa application required).
(Remark: For English language teachers, we would prefer candidates with qualifications in the field of English language, literature, business or with business teaching experiences.)
3.Flight allowance: 8000 RMB before tax for finishing a full year contract;
4.Extra teaching-hour bonus and allowance:the normal teaching workload is 16 periods per week. Each period
is 40 minutes. We will pay an additional 100 RMB for each period over 16 each week;
5.We will cover all costs for visa and health Check in Guilin within contract;
6.Free airport pick-up upon arrival;
7.For the new comers who sign a year long contract with us, we will provide a 1000 RMB settling-in fee when you arrive for the first time;
8.Medical insurancein mainland China provided by GXNU;
9.Free accommodation:We will provide a free private, furnished apartment including a bedroom, living room, kitchen, a balcony, western toilet, air conditioner, washing machine, microwave oven, refrigerator, wardrobe, desk and other commonhouseholdfacilities. We also offer you 100 KW/H of free electricity and 10 m3 of living water each month;
10.Professional orientation and on-job training;
11.Team building activities.
1. CV (Name/Gender/Nationality/Birth Date/ Home Address/Contact details/Religion/Education Background /Work experiences) in English
2. A recent digital passport photo with white background
3. A scanned copy of your passport (valid for six months at least)
4. Proof letters of your related working experience from your former employers. It should include your position, working time, job description and signature from the former employer or the stamp of the company, and contact information（Phone number or email）.
5. A scanned copy of your last diploma (bachelor/master/doctor degree)
6. Notarization of your last diploma (You should get the notarization from Chinese embassy or consulates in your country, or you can get it from the embassy or consulates of your country in China, or the notary organization of China.)
7. A copy of 120-hour TESL (if you apply for English teaching position without two-year teaching experience)
8. Notarization of non-criminal Records in your country or the last country (except China) you have lived for more than one year. The records should be given by the police station, security office or court and also it should be notarized by Chinese embassy or consulates.
9. A copy of the protocol or contract.
10. The specific place of the Chinese embassy or consulates you plan to apply for Z visa
11. A copy of Health Examination (use the official health form provided by Chinese government.)
12. If your family member comes to China with you and need to apply for visa together, prepare a copy of his/her passport and the proof of your relationship, which should be authenticated by Chinese embassy or consulates in your country.
Meide Pan (Deputy Director )
Room 208, Internatinal Building (2)
Guangxi Normal University
No. 15 Yucai Road
Guilin, China, 541004
Stella Xie (Teacher Affairs Secretary)
Room 215, Internatinal Building (2)
Guangxi Normal University
No. 15 Yucai Road
Guilin, China, 541004